Wednesday, September 23, 2009

10 weeks, 2 days pregnant

Well, Baby Bean, you gave us a scare on Sunday night. I was so overwhelmed at the thought that we were losing you, that when I finally looked up at the ultrasound, my mouth hanging open, I had no words. I just looked. I saw your tiny beating heart, watching as you waved your arms and legs in protest of being woken up so late at night.
As I sat in the hospital after all the tests were done, waiting for the ultrasound results to come back, my mind was racing. It didn't matter that it was 2 in the morning. All that mattered was that you were okay, and you were growing big and strong. When the doctor finally came back with the results, I breathed a hesitant sigh of relief. Though the diagnoses was "threatened miscarriage," the doctor told me that, though she wasn't supposed to say things like this, she really did not believe that was going to happen. There was a tiny bit of blood pooling on the placenta, which can be a normal thing. As this pregnancy progresses, it should go away, God willing. My hormones levels were really high, you were measuring right on to the day with your growth and you were moving around.
As I was getting dressed to go home, I thanked God that there was a positive outcome that day. As each day progresses, and I am still pregnant, I relax a little more. In reality, I know that we aren't out of the woods yet, though I try not to think about that.
We love you, Baby Bean. Please stick. Please stay. Please, please, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment