Friday, October 16, 2009

13 weeks 4 days pregnant

I am finally feeling pregnant. My belly is slightly rounder, and I have begen to feel the first flutters of life. I thought it was too early for this, but my doc said that if it feels like the baby, it is the baby. Apparantly, my uterus remember how to be pregnant.
We find out in 3 1/2 weeks what we are having! I am so excited, and feeling just a little bit guilty. By the time I was 8 weeks pregnant with Avery, she already had outfits, stuffed animals, toys and book. To date, Peanut has, nothing. I don't know if I haven't bought anything because I'm afraid that if I do, something will happen, and then I will have to look at that item and remember. This may be an irrational fear to some, but to those of us who have struggled with infertility know not to take one single day, minute, or second for granted.
After Matt left for work this morning around 6, I flipped over to my left side to get more comfortable, and there it was. The little-goldfish-swimming-around-in-my-tummy feeling. Eyes closed, I smiled and savored the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment